URBAN IMAGES & CULTURE (mostly New York & LA)
Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- "Still hunkered down in the East Village, waiting for the wrecking ball of gentrification to find me. Until then, I'll write this ongoing obituary for my dying city."
- He posts one new photo every day. Great eye for faces on the street, interesting stuff.
Walking in LA
- Whos does this really? This guy does evidently. He even takes pictures to prove it.
Roadside Peek - An Adventure in Time
- A sprawling photo tour of the American roadside. Documenting those quirkly little mid-20th century cultural/historical treasures that still remain...as well as those which have been destroyed.
- My Photos on Flickr
Been dabbling in photography for most of my life. It's a neglected hobby. I don't do digital, though. I still use a 35mm film camera that I've had for 20 years.
MUSICIANS & SONGWRITERS
Hullabaloo (a.k.a. Steve Denyes)
- A good friend who, a couple years ago, got into making music for kids. I didn't really get it...until I had a kid. Now it all makes sense! Smart, funny, tunes and no Barney/Elmo baby talk. Very listenable for grown-ups.
Craig Ferguson - session musician
- Los Angeles-based pedal steel/dobro/slide player. He adds a great bluesy/country vibe to my live shows.
- Contemporary Folk/Pop with a mystical/spiritual undercurrent. Also a graphic artist. She created the cover for my Brutish Little Ballet album.
Homeboy Steve - Pop/Blues/County
- Steve Antonakos, inventive roots guitar player & quirky songwriter. This NYC native loves fishing and loud shirts. Proud to have him in my band and on my records.
- edgy, melodic acoustic/electric folk
- Contemporary folk/pop. A gifted songwriter, and a fun show always.
- Deb Talan & Steve Tannen; solo singer/songwriters who joined forces as The Weepies and are now in the process of conquering the world with sweet harmonies and smart lyrics.
Mike Younger - Every Stone You Throw
- Memphis/New Orleans country blues guitarist & songwriter